1. Send out “white cardstock” to parents and ask them to use it to create a “poster” representing their family culture and heritage.
They could include the flag, recipes, pictures of food, child/family picture in their ethnic traditional clothes, famous landmarks from their country of origin etc.
These posters can be displayed in the school hallway during the month of December.
This can be a good family project for them to do together and enjoy !!
Here’s a good size poster priced reasonably that could be used for this project: https://www.amazon.com/School-Smart-1485742-Railroad-Thickness/dp/B00PEFCUKO/ref=sr_1_2?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1512267267&sr=1-2&keywords=22+x+28+poster+board
2. Make a paper mache globe in class using balloons, blue paint, scrap paper, flour, water, continents pin pricked out or colored in to glue on the globe.
- Fill air in balloon.
- Put 1 cup flour and about 2 cups of water in a wide bowl. Mix it well without lumps.
- Take scraps of paper/newspaper , dip into the flour and water mixture fully & put on the balloon to cover it completely.
- Let air dry.
- Then paint with blue paint to cover balloon entirely.
- Color/ Pin prick continets and glue them on the globe after paint dries.
3. Do a study of continents including countries in each continents, flags, animals,currency etc.
4. Learn how to say “Hello” in different languages/parts of the world.
5. Make a continent cake.
Stay tuned for more details/pictures in the “Multicultural themed” Holiday program series .