School year at our Montessori school runs from Aug- May.
We do summer camps for June and July which includes weekly/bi-weekly themes, movie day, splash day, fun activities like wear mix matched socks, bring a silly hat, make tie-dye shirts etc.
I create the summer camp themes and come up with lesson plans and activities to do for each theme.
Over the past few years, we have done themes like gardening, cooking, sensorial materials, Art, Music, Colors, Sports, Transportation, Spanish etc.
This year, our summer camp themes are “Shapes”, “Animals”, “USA”, “Eric Carle” and “Science Experiments”.
Shapes: Learning about shapes helps children identify and organize things they see around them, help identify letters and practice writing them
- Trace “Metal Inset” shapes on 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 white paper.
- Pin – prick shapes
- Work with sensorial materials – color pages, make new formations, trace and paint, trace and pin prick , work with blind fold .
- Mystery bag to identify different shapes
- Go on a scavenger hunt to identify shapes in the classroom
- Make a shapes diorama.
- Make cookies using “shapes” cookie cutters.
- Shapes pattern matching
- Wooden pattern blocks
Stay tuned for pictures of lesson plans/activities on Shapes Ο♥♦